Thursday, September 24, 2015

Why Rodan + Fields?

Last Wednesday, September 16th, I joined Rodan + Fields. If you ever heard of Proactiv (which I'm sure the vast majority of you in the US have), the doctors that created Proactiv sold their company, used their research, and developed Rodan + Fields! Not only does Rodan + Fields have skin care products that fight acne, they also have three other lines that fight the most common skin care concerns: dullness and sun spots, sensitive skin, and wrinkles, pores, and loss of firmness.

Source


For as long as I can remember, I have had issues with my skin. It has always been prone to break outs. I've never really felt comfortable going out without any make up on to even out my skin tone, let alone covering up any blemishes that were guaranteed to be there. I've tried many things to help clear my skin from various over the counter skin care products, birth control, as well as using the drug Accutane. Even after being on Accutane, I still have break outs.

The big draw for me to start using Rodan + Fields was their 60-day empty bottle money back guarantee. You don't get that with other products. So really, what did I have to lose?

So what products am I using?

Source


With acne being my primary concern, I started using their Unblemish line right away. According to the product inserts, you start using this product slowly - only every other morning the first week of use. Since my products didn't come in until Monday (09/21/15), I have only used this product twice. Just like all skin care, it takes time to see results. My comments so far? It does take longer than what I was doing just before I started these products. Then again, what I was doing before was extremely simple: I used a Norwex body cloth followed by Jojoba oil infused with a variety of essential oils that support skin concerns.

One of my concerns with using Unblemish is that it does contain benzoyl peroxide (Step 3), which I have used in the past and has bleached clothes, sheets, towels, and comforters. With that in mind, I only plan on using Unblemish in the mornings to minimize the bleaching of my sheets and comforter. I just bought a new comforter a few months ago because our Siberian Husky decided that our old one needed some fluffing. With needing to cleanse my skin still, I decided that I was going to use the Soothe product when I wasn't using Unblemish.

Source


This line is perfect for those with sensitive skin, including eczema and psoriasis. So far it's been a nice complement, providing the skin cleaning I need without being too harsh. I do have plans to use some of the other product as my skin clears up. This one in particular I can't wait to try!

Source


This macro exfoliator is from the Redefine line. I need to hold off on using it for now as you can't have any active blemishes. So once my acne clears up, I'm taking this bad boy to my skin!

What skin issues have you been dealing with? What would you do to get the best skin in your life? Ask me what Rodan + Fields can do for you! Check out their products HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment